Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational Therapy (OT) helps our clients by teaching them how to regain/relearn fine motor skills to improve their daily activities of living. Some of these activities may include getting dressed, grooming, cooking or writing. They will develop the skills necessary for you or your loved one to remain at home, or in the community, and engaged in daily activities.
At West Coast Nursing Ventura, Inc. our Occupational Therapists work with the patient’s physician to develop and carry out an individualized treatment plan to help each patient recover from, or adapt to, a disability, illness or a traumatic brain injury. They focus on developing fine motor skills and activities that enhance the patient’s quality of life.
Occupational Therapy Services we provide include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment and evaluation
- Daily living training (dressing, eating, grooming, cooking etc)
- Therapeutic activities to increase endurance, range of motion, and coordination
- Sensory integration
- Management of household and personal affairs
- Facilitation of oral motor skills
Reasons you or your family member might need Occupational Therapy Services include:
- A stroke
- Joint pain in the shoulders, arms, or hands
- Difficulty dressing
- Difficulty bathing
- Difficulty with meals
- Any noticeable decline in function
In addition to Occupational Therapy and Recovery Programs, West Coast Nursing Ventura, Inc. also offers other services related to home health care in Hillcrest Drive Thousand Oaks CA. Please call us at 805-496-0900 to request for an assessment.